Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Link to Stan Goff's Blog-book, "Capitalism & Christianity"

Here's the link---it's free on Scribd.   A must-read for people of conscience of any sort---

http://www.scribd.com/doc/146559985/Capitalism-Christianity?post_id=770127435_10151638709642436#_=_






"Why Capitalism & Christianity? It is with the utmost trepidation that I even begin a treatment of Christianity and capitalism. I have only been studying Christianity for the last six years, but I have been studying capitalism in various ways every since I was sent to Guatemala and El Salvador in the early-mid eighties. More on that in a moment.  My disinclination to take it on as a topic for any kind of public discussion is a result of that long period of study, which proved to me that the category is slippery, widely misunderstood, hotly contested, changeable, and wrapped in hundreds of years of ideological mystification."

No comments:

Post a Comment